Pleasant Valley School District Academic Program
The Pleasant Valley School District educational program is designed as a performance-based curriculum, the result of a spirited school and community strategic planning partnership. Our students are provided with the instructional and co-curricular experiences and opportunities to meet performance expectations that will enable them to:
- Demonstrate effective communication skills including listening, speaking, writing, and reading for understanding
- Demonstrate the use of mathematical processes and applications to formulate and to solve problems
- Use critical thinking skills, including problem-solving and decision making, both individually and collaboratively
- Demonstrate technological and information literacy skills
- Demonstrate responsible citizenship and ethical behavior
- Apply understanding of the social sciences to the challenges of the present and the future
- Demonstrate knowledge of healthy behaviors that will lead to the development of physical, mental, and social well-being
- Demonstrate active caretaking of the earth and its finite resources
- Produce, perform or exhibit their work in the arts
- Demonstrate positive self-esteem and respect for others
Please click HERE for further information about our curriculum.
Please click HERE for Library Resources.
Please click HERE for Technology Resources.