Thank you for your inquiry regarding a professional, support, and/or administrative position in the Pleasant Valley School District.
To apply for a position please click on the PVSD Human Resources Application Portal and complete the online application. All applications will be kept on file for one (1) year following the date of receipt. If you would like to keep your file active for an additional year, please update your application in the portal.
A letter of interest for each advertised job vacancy notice must be submitted electronically to HR@pvbears prior to the expiration date listed on the vacancy notice. This will ensure a review of your application. The e-mail subject must read: Letter of Interest – (Position) and (Notice Date).
Invitations for personal interviews will be extended to those candidates who appear to best meet our needs. If you are contacted for an interview, please bring the following items:
- Original PA Professional Certificate (professional applicants only)
- Original Act 34-PA Criminal Record Check
- Original Act 151-PA Child Abuse History Clearance
- Original Act 114-FBI Criminal History Record
- Original Act 24/82 Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification Form PDE-6004
Your previously submitted copies will be inspected and all original documents returned to you.
Upon hire by the school district, you are responsible for submitting to the Human Resource Office these additional documents:
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (professional and paraprofessional applicants only)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security/Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) and original identification credentials to establish employment
- School Personnel Health Record (H511.340) including current TB test
If you already have a physical examination and tuberculosis test within three (3) months, a copy of that School Personnel Health Record will satisfy this requirement. All required forms may be accessed during the on-boarding process through the HR Applicant Onboarding Portal.
Thank you again for your interest in the Pleasant Valley School District. We are looking forward to your prompt attention in completing and submitting the required documentation. Please feel free to contact the Human Resource Office at 570-402-1000, Ext. 1209 or e-mail at HR@pvbears.org if you have any additional questions.
John T. Burrus, Ed.D.
Director of Human Resources
The Pleasant Valley School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin/ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, or religion and hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States of America.