Memorandum of Understanding
I UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING:
1. NCAA DI/DII Initial-Eligibility academic requirements are different than the graduation
requirements for Pleasant Valley High School.
2. The minimum NCAA academic requirements have become much more rigorous in recent years.
The minimum NCAA core course GPA, core course credit requirements and SAT/ACT scores have all
3. Not all courses offered at Pleasant Valley High School are accepted by the NCAA as core courses
for the purpose of meeting the NCAA's credit and GPA requirements.
4. An NCAA core course GPA is not the same as the cumulative GPA on the report card, and is most
5. Students interested in playing athletics at the collegiate level should begin tracking their NCAA
core course GPA their freshman year. All semesters count towards meeting the NCAA's academic
requirements and it is not uncommon for 33% of core courses to be completed during freshman year.
6. Counselors and coaches DO NOT track student-athletes for NCAA Initial-Eligibility.
7. Pleasant Valley High School provides all student-athletes with access to a free account with
CoreCourseGPA.com to assist them in tracking their NCAA Initial-Eligibility progress.
ACTIVATE YOUR FREE CORECOURSEGPA.COM MEMBERSHIP:
1. Go to www.CoreCourseGPA.com
2. Click on "Free New Member Account" in the upper left corner
3. Enter School ID: 390455
4. Enter School Code: 714937391
5. Click "Continue"
6. Fill in the appropriate fields in the Create New Student Account form
7. Click "Submit"
I understand that tracking NCAA DI/DII Initial-Eligibility requirements is the responsibility of parents and student-athletes. I further understand that Pleasant Valley High School has provided me with access to a free account with CoreCourseGPA.com to assist in this process.