Pleasant Valley School District Informational Brochure
The Board of Education is seeking a highly motivated leader who is committed to academic achievement.
The successful candidate should have:
- Pennsylvania Superintendents’ Letter of Eligibility required or ability to obtain the Letter of Eligibility prior to employment; Doctorate preferred.
- A strong instructional background with an understanding of curriculum, instruction, and assessment.
- The competencies to be a strong educational leader who can maintain community trust, credibility and confidence in the schools.
- The ability to be an effective communicator, listener, and problem-solver.
- Working knowledge of budget management and finances, facilities, building-level administration, and special education laws.
- Strong skills in human resources and personnel, pupil services and data-based decision-making.
- Commitment to a high degree of visibility and the development of positive relations with the staff, students, and the community.
In order to be considered for this position all application materials MUST be received no later than January 14, 2020. Please send the items listed below to:
Charlene M. Brennan, D.Ed.
Pleasant Valley School District
2233 Route 115, Suite 100
Brodheadsville, PA 18322
Or send all materials by the deadline through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Pleasant Valley School District specific application form (including answers to essay questions on page 2) PVSD Application Form The general state application form is not acceptable.
- Three current letters of reference
- Copy of PA Letter of Eligibility to serve as Superintendent or the ability to obtain Letter of Eligibility prior to employment
- Current (within one year) Act 34, Act 114, and Act 151 clearances
- Pennsylvania Criminal History check
- FBI Criminal History check
- Click on the link above.
- Select "Digital Fingerprinting"
- Enter 1KG6XN
- Click on Schedule/Manage Appointment.
- Go through the screens and enter information as required.
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse clearance
- Sealed transcripts