Ms. Michaels has been teaching music as well as family and consumer sciences (FCS) since 2004. Currently, she is the FCS teacher at Pleasant Valley Middle school in addition to being the Diversity Club adviser and director of the Woodwind Ensemble. During the summers, she co-directs the district's Summer band program. In the past, Ms. Michaels has taught K-3 general music at PVE and served as technology coordinator.
In addition to the Pleasant Valley School District, Ms. Michaels taught at Hunters Woods Magnet School for the Arts and Sciences in Fairfax county, Virginia. During her tenure, She taught K-6 general music, K-3 movement classes, was the costume and makeup adviser for the 6th grade Opera, served as a CETA steering committee member for arts integration based at the Kennedy Center in Washington, D.C., and chaired the music and special area department. She has also co-directed the Wyoming Valley West High School Marching band and the Old Forge Blue Devils band.
- Bachelors in music education from West Chester University (2004)
- Certification in Kodaly Level II (2009)
- Master's Degree in classroom technology from Wilkes University (2012)
- Music K-12 Certification (Level 2)
- Family and Cons. Science 7-12 Certification (Level 2)
- English 7-12 Certification (Level 2)
- Citizenship 7-17 Certification (Level 2)