Comprehensive Plan 2022-2025
Comprehensive Planning at the Pleasant Valley School District
Pleasant Valley School District's current Comprehensive Plan runs through the 2021-2022 school year. The district's subsequent Comprehensive Plan is currently in development, to be submitted to the state by March 30, 2022.
What is Comprehensive Planning?
The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) requires each school district in the Commonwealth to participate in Comprehensive Planning - a continuous process used to ensure that all students achieve at high levels in preparation for future life endeavors.
Chapter 4 of the PA School Code stipulates this planning requirement for every school district in Pennsylvania to be submitted on a three-year cycle.
To this end, all Local Educational Agencies (LEA) work toward the creation of a highly effective learning environment ensuring the academic and personal success of all students. Continuous planning is essential to increased student performance and quality results. Innovative, student centered, and research-based programming, coupled with focused staff development, aligned resources, and public participation are critical factors for our district to demonstrate continuous and meaningful growth. Please click the link below to view PVSD's current comprehensive plan:
First Steering Committee Meeting - Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 2:00-3:00 PM
Comprehensive Plan Development Members
District Leadership Team, Steering Committee, Subcommittees, Colonial IU 20 Consultant
Comprehensive Plan Development Participation
- Community Survey participation will help the District answer the following questions:
- What are the strengths and needs of our school community?
- What are our educational directions?
- Comprehensive Plan Steering Committee will:
- Review and analyze a broad scope of data to determine strengths and weaknesses, along with areas for growth and their root causes.
- Set priorities, establish goals, and create detailed plans to achieve those goals over the next three years.
Comprehensive Plan Development Timeline
- Part I – Profile (Fall 2021)
- Part II – Needs Assessment and Analysis (Fall 2021)
- Part III – Action Planning (Fall/Winter 2021-22)
- Part IV – Finalizing and Communicating (Winter 2021-22)
- Part V – Submission (Spring 2022)
Comprehensive Plan - Parent/Guardian Community Member Survey
To gather input from stakeholders we have developed the Parent/Guardian/Community Member Survey. Click on the following link to access the survey. The survey will close at midnight on November 10, 2021.