Skip To Main Content

Logo Image

Logo Title

Work Permits


The Pleasant Valley School District issues Pennsylvania work permits to all minors who reside in the school district.

To obtain a PA work permit from the school district:

1. The student must be planning to work in Pennsylvania. Other states, including New York and New Jersey, do not have reciprocal work arrangements and a work permit must be obtained from the school district where the employer is located in that state.

2. The student must be a resident of the Pleasant Valley School District. If the student is not a school district resident, he or she should obtain a work permit from the school district in which they reside. Note: If the student is living out of state and working within the Pleasant Valley School District, the school district can issue a work permit.

3. The student and parent/guardian will need to come to the main office of the high school which they attend, and obtain and submit the proper application form.

4. The student needs to produce an original birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport or photo drivers license before obtaining a work permit:

5. A parent of guardian must appear before the issuer of the work permit.

IMPORTANT! The student must be present when the work permit is issued and a signature of parent or guardian must be executed at the high school main office at the time of issuance or signature must be notarized on an attestation document. This is state mandate.

For further information, please call the main office of the Pleasant Valley School District For further information on U.S. child labor laws, please visit YouthRules Gov